The IT companies in Canada adopt the best practices of managed IT services to provide quality and continuity to your business organization. Accessibility, connectivity, security, and scalability are the key benefits you get. The service scope covers storage, virtualization, desktop support, cloud monitoring, online conferencing, replication, and related infrastructure management.
Benchmarking Managed IT Services
Maintenance and support are the two key elements of benchmarking your service provider. The demand for short and long term ROI can improve the standards to meet all your needs by the IT companies.
- Single Vs Multiple Providers: – You may choose a single service provider, or opt for multiple vendors depending on your requirements. In both the cases you can analyze the feasibility factors before taking a decision. When you opt for a sole vendor, you have to research into the company’s service architecture and technical infrastructure. The IT Company may be specialized in a specific field of operation (for example, security), or its expertise may span into multiple services. You need to choose a vendor who can provide you with several IT services with equal efficiency. This approach is stated to be feasible than choosing multiple vendors.
- Technical Expertise: -Troubleshooting techniques are the key factors that keep your IT infrastructure running consistently. Risk assessment, early detection, preventive measures, and disaster management methods adopted by the IT companies determine their efficiency.
- Trusted Solutions: – Systematic approach to problem solving is the best practice for efficient services. The daily business operations of your organization should keep running efficiently. The IT Company’s first task is to ensure zero downtime at peak hours. The intranet within your establishment needs to be efficient and fast. The IT companies in Canada ensure these features by streamlining the maintenance schedules. Consistent monitoring of the server, clients, network devices, backup systems, and replication across single and multiple domains can ensure smooth flow of data. The companies can help your organization to get the entire benefits of automation through efficient deployment and maintenance.
- Availability and Accessibility: – Security within the organization relates to hierarchical levels. Restrictions on accessibility to data can help in balancing productivity with security. The active directory service in the client-server environment is an example for extended data security. The IT Company can selectively categorize the users in your organization and allow restricted access to data, software, hardware and the network resources. At the same time they ensure availability of information to the employees to keep the system operational.
Security in Managed IT Services
The security aspects of managed IT services extend into the internet zone from the intranet. Firewalls are the key elements to ensure protection from external threats like viruses, hackers, etc. The IT companies create and deploy unique strategies to safeguard the entire infrastructure in your organization.
- Tools Deployment: – The deployment of security tools starts from the server. It is better to avoid direct internet connections to client systems. This approach can increase the risks from the external world. Instead, you can opt for single point connectivity to the internet through the server. The choice between dedicated server for internet & email and deploying the services on the database server is yours. The best practice is to segregate two. Experience shows that combining the two can lead to unexpected server crashes. The IT Company can create a dedicated network for the internet and email server with the client systems. Keeping the database server out of the internet can help in protecting the valuable data from hacking and destruction. The IT Companies in Canada have developed trusted solutions to security through customizable tools.
- Topology Planning: – The network topology plays a key role in shaping the security within the intranet. The experts recommend star as the standard for client server systems, where the servers are at the center. This approach works well, when you have the network within a single branch of your organization. When your network spreads to the other branches, this topology may not work efficiently. Hence, the IT companies recommend combination of multiple topologies, depending on the volume of data, number of client systems, security requirements, and other infrastructural parameters.
- OS Planning: – The decision making on the installation of the Operating systems on the servers and client systems can be complex. The choice is between Linux (Or UNIX), Windows, IBM, and Solaris. The experts recommend Linux servers with Windows based clients for small and medium sized networks. This approach helps you in reducing the expenses related to licensed software for the server. Open source OS, office applications, engineering software and other specific apps can help you in getting efficient services at the economical costs. If your organization belongs to the large scale corporate sector, you can think of buying licensed versions of Windows, IBM or UNIX servers with Linux or Windows based clients. The tools configuration becomes simple and effective, based on the levels of security your organization needs.
Replication Vs Backup
Small and medium networks with single server prefer data backup devices. You may choose to have a dedicated backup server (backup domain controller), onto which the main server mirrors the disks. Having RAID (level zero to four) can also help in increasing security.
The IT Company experts recommend replication, when your organization has multiple branches with many domain controllers. This approach helps in distributing the data across several domains. If the main server were to crash or become unavailable, the users in the network can still avail the distributed data from the other servers. The service providers can limit the access to sensitive and confidential data based on hierarchy. However, local backup of data from the individual servers (preferably onto external media) can help in speeding up restoration in case of disaster.
Monitoring and Reporting
The managed IT services include monitoring and reporting of daily network activities across domains. Real time alerts on security breaches, updates on security apps and hardware, risk prediction and preventive maintenance can help in synchronizing the system with the availability, accessibility and security features in an efficient manner.